• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tjoink

phone emulator download?

This topic is 5474 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, finally got onto the MIDP bandweagon, and being an old skool programmer, I must say I love it! But now, I'm looking for emulators to hook up to my Ktoolbar, anyone have a link to where I could find a package with emu's? Or just emulators, without downloading a whole SDK as Nokia has? thanx in advance

Advertisement
If you don't want to download SDKs, then the only emulators you will have are basically skins of the DefaultColorPhone and not much more. They're fine for fitting the graphics to the screen size, but you could hardly say they really emulate the real phones (heck, most of the proprietary emulators hardly do a good job at that).

The only company that uses the "skinning the WTK emulator" approach is Sony Ericsson. They have they're own SDK too, but it's basically just the same as the WTK, with skins for their emulators. It does have one really cool feature though: on-device debugging.

Other than that you can always create the skins on your own. There's a guide on how to that in the WTK if I remember correctly.

But you'll be better off downloading the appropiate SDKS. Better emulation, and most devices have proprietary APIs that will give you access to more features of the phone.

shmoove

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!