Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CecilEltzer

Questions about OpenGL

Hey Guys, I''m pretty new to new to programming (so bear with me :D), but I have been playing around with OpenGl pretty frequently and I have a few questions about it. -What language was used to create OpenGL? And how can I that language? -Who created OpenGL? Was it a company or some guy using punchcards to program? -Can you program OpenGL to work with websites? Thanks for info and excuse my newbieness -Cecil

hi,
i think OpenGL have been written in C by Silicon Graphics (now SGI). You can use inlude OGL in a website BUT it will be plateform-dependant (you have to compile your program in order to make an exe). Use VRML instead.

lunasol

I don''t know if they actually work since I''ve never actually tried to use any kind of java, but they''re are links at the bottom of each of NeHe''s tutorials. These are links to the code in other languages like vb, delphi, and yes, java. Not all tuts have been ported that I know of (I haven''t looked at them all) but there are enough to give you a good start.

S.

Take a look at Magician. The OpenGL ARB has asked that it become the official java binding for opengl. The tuts are for GL4Java but it is easy enough to port.

I wanrned you! Didn't I warn you?! That colored chalk was forged by Lucifer himself!