• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
outRider

Kyocera SE47

This topic is 5409 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone have any experience with this phone? I'll admit I know nothing about cell phones in general, so if anyone can fill me in, I'd appreciate it. As far as I know the telcos here only offer certain phones, so I can't pick up just any phone and use it on their network (or maybe I can, but I'm ignorant about it), so this phone looks like a good option from what Bell Canada offers. I'm looking for programming specific info, and general use info if anyone has any experience. A link to a site is also acceptable, since I don't know where to find the info on my own. Thanks guys.

Advertisement
Well, SE47 is a BREW phone, so there's plenty of info about it on the BREW site (which you will need to be a registered developer at in order to progam for it). http://brew.qualcomm.com.

Registered developer you say? Well, guess that's the end of that. I need a new phone anyway and thought it would be nice to do some homebrew (no pun intended), but it's not something I'd pay $400USD for.

I guess my requiremets of a) a good phone b) free to develop for, and c) available in Canada/usable on a Canadian provider's network are tough to satisfy.

Thanks anyway.

You can develop BREW apps for free, but they will only run on the emulators. If you want to put them on a phone you need to shell out the cash.
For completely free development, try and look for J2ME enabled phones.

shmoove

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!