Small maps = jewel like - rpg

Started by
10 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 6 months ago
I just thought of the name of that game by Molyneux! Breach II the publisher was Omnitrend or something like that... It was a small squad based game much like the X-COM stuff. I suppose it had some role playing involved since your goal was to finish the mission and keep your squad in tact The members could get promoted (I think) etc... It was a fun game.

It even had a level editor too. It was isometric but the engine was wierd from what I can tell. The tiles were not diamond shapped
  /\ /  \/    \\    / \  /  \/

they were shaped like this

I---/    /II  /    / I I /    /  II/    /---I

Later,

Dave "Dak Lozar"Loeser
Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous
Advertisement
If you want to see an example of small maps but big gameplay, check out Kings Quest 6. Albeit an adventure game as opposed to an RPG, it is still the perfect example of making giant worlds out of small maps. I can''t think of a part of it you didn''t have to revisit and do something different in at least 5 times. It was incredible. If you haven''t played it, check it out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement