Lo-Poly Models

Started by
2 comments, last by PyroBoy 23 years, 6 months ago
I''m getting into 3D programming, and something has occured to me... I have no models. I don''t know any artists, and I''m completely useless when it comes to modeling something in max myself. So, my question is, where do all you 3d programmers out there get your models of people, vehicles, buildings, and other assorted scenery? There are a few sites that offer good quality stuff for animations and prerenders, but the selection usually isn''t all that great and most stuff is super high-poly. Know any good sites?
Advertisement
I model all of my shit myself... Either find someone who wants to help out, or get good at modelling (it isn''t that hard). The models out on the net are usually pretty much useless. If you''re into Quake style stuff then you can find those kinds of models all over the place. That is the only exception I can think of.

-BacksideSnap-
well, there are some sites on the net with pretty useful models. just start some searches on altavista/your favourite searchengine.
but it really isn''t that hard to create your own models. what IS quite hard is to create decent textures for them. while i, as a completely untalented artist can create really nice looking models, i found it absolutely impossible to skin them, if not in a very ugly way.

rid
I once tried to model a boat in max. It ended up looking like some demented children''s toy that someone sat on, squished, and then picked up and wrenched the shit out of it.
Besides, I don''t wanna spend my time modeling and texturing. I''d rather code.
I load models through .x, but I have an exporter for max. Any format that max 3 can read would be good.

I have looked around for this kinda stuff, but I can''t find one dedicated to game models unless it''s quake levels/characters. I need a bit more selection than that...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement