• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sgt spoon

Tetris Clone Help Wanted

This topic is 5412 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive gone through the tutorial teaching people how to mkae tetris and i found it good and it ran fine etc. But ive decided to take it a few steps further, so far ive changed the block preview area so its a different colour and edited on or two other things, but.... i want to add a score counter. Now i know quite easily how to count the score, but i dont know how to display it. So can someone tell me how I can make a score display piece? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
std::cout << score;
printf("score");
PRINT score

You can always use what you already have; that is the DrawTile() function (I'm assuming you are using the Tetris in an hour tutorial stickied at the top here), and just make some more tiles for the .bmp with numbers and enum/defines for the numbers.

I think I or someone else may have wrote how to do that further down in the thread, but I don't remember.

-Greven

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!