• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Reeta

A game idea

This topic is 5474 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
U gonna use this for some sort of simple encoding?

We need to know what programming experience u have.

U could use visual basic. I used two functions to alter the main window.

Get and Set Pixel

GetPixel and SetPixel

Check It Out

Ace

I remember doing something quite similar to this a long time ago.
I used the two least significant bits of each channel in a 24-bit image to store data. It's a neat 'encryption' trick as long as nobody jpeg compresses your image too save space ;)

If we were to map words to pixels, then we need a dictionary of words to draw from. With 16-bit color, it could be a good dictionary of 64 thousand words. More than most humans use. Then we could use the word's position in the dictionary for a color value.

I did something like encrypting data in images also. It worked by using one color channel to encode char data, and a color offset from the pixel above it, so that it was not far off from the image itself. Stored only in odd rows.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!