Autocomplete of DirectX functions. How to?

Started by
2 comments, last by ed091maf 23 years, 6 months ago
There is a new technology implemented in VC++ 6.0, IntelliSense. It let''s programmer to autocomplete a statement, shows function arguments etc. Unfortuantely if one uses DirectX 7.0 functions, IntelliSense doesn''t work. Why is it so, and is it possible to do anything to order to make IntelliSense work on DirectX functions. P.S. Actually IntelliSense works on DirectX functions of an older version of DirectX that is included in MSVC++ (i guess, iti is DirectX 5.0), but i want to make it work on the 7.0 release.
Ernis
Advertisement
An easy way would be to add the header files into the folders in file-view so they''re part of your project. All interfaces etc... show up after that. And it will display the interfaces in the Class View window, which I find helpful.
thats quite a good question, i''d also be interested in a solution.
just including the header files in the project of course also works, but there must be another way. for example intellisense works on some api functions, but then not on others...

does anyone know how to get it work for all functions in header files of a certain directory?

rid
Good question.. But I could manage to include the files in the project if that works.. But I use OpenGL and adding the headers just won''t do the job so I''ve given up.. Well, it isn''t that important anyways since I have the blue book running in IE on my second screen

Thomas
Thomas - www.moelhave.dk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement