• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
misto

problem using VBO's and vertex arrays at the same time

This topic is 5413 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys! I'm having a problem with my game engine.. for the terrain rendering, I hold the vertices in VBO's, now i wanted to use some vertex arrays for dynamic data but it didn't work. The triangles or whatever i rendered looked very strange. After hours of debugging I deactivated all the vertex buffer object things (creation and rendering) and now the vertex arrays are working as expected. Do I somehow have to deactivate the vbo's while rendering vertex arrays? I couldn't find anything related.. so I'm asking you guys :) Does anybody have an idea? Thanks a lot! misto

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by misto
Hi guys!

I'm having a problem with my game engine.. for the terrain rendering, I hold the vertices in VBO's, now i wanted to use some vertex arrays for dynamic data but it didn't work. The triangles or whatever i rendered looked very strange. After hours of debugging I deactivated all the vertex buffer object things (creation and rendering) and now the vertex arrays are working as expected. Do I somehow have to deactivate the vbo's while rendering vertex arrays? I couldn't find anything related.. so I'm asking you guys :) Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks a lot!

misto

you are probably missing this, set the ptrs to NULL when doing regular VA's

glBindBufferARB(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, 0);
glBindBufferARB(GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, 0);

Hope that helped

Nv gl specs have some vbo code examples in arb_vbo section. I think gl specs should include them at the end or something.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!