• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wendigo23

How to disable cut-n-paste in Symbian

This topic is 5396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to disable cut-n-paste for this symbian game I'm working on. You know, hold down the little pencil button and you can cut and paste. I can't find any way of doing this. Is it possible? How?

Advertisement
Hmnn, I've taken a quick little look at this but it depends how you're working - one way that may work is to consume the key event in the OfferKeyEventL method in the AppUI, this will hopefully eat the key press and stop it being passed any further down the control stack, I've not tried this but it may work...

if (aType == EEventKey)
{
// check if the key was pressed
if (aKeyEvent.iCode == TKeyCode) //Replace this with the
//key code for the 'pencil' - look in e32keys.h for the list
//I expect it's mapped to one of the EKeyDeviceX codes
//If I can fine the right one I'll post it :)
{
return EKeyWasConsumed;
}
}

Alternatively, if you're using an Editbox of some description you could try the following to disable the copy/paste function...
in the constructor for the Edwin call:

iEdwin->EnableCcpuSupportL(EFalse);

The second one (EnableCcpuSupportL) is what I was looking for. Thank you very much! (Glad I wandered in here before this post went off the first page)

I love how so much of this API is undocumented. Nothing comes up for that function even on google!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!