Making top-down graphics

Started by
0 comments, last by Kelly G 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi all. First off, this is not a help wanted thread. I thought a fun and simple multiplayer game (on 1 pc, multiple controllers). Take the land vehicles from the Battlefield series. Put some of those on a map, define a start and ending point, and off you go. No rules - whoever gets from start to finish first, is the winner. To keep it simple, I'll do it as a top-down 2d game, where the map is one screen wide, and you have to get from bottom to top, a few screens high. The problem is that I am not really the best graphics artist that has ever existed - maybe even the worst. For a simple game, I made this graphic: (Forgive me, I know that the gradient tool is evil, but this just looks funny, like plastic) IMHO, this picture, and the other pictures in the game, look just fine. The problem is that I really don't know how to draw top-down images in the same style. Could someone give me any pointers (without *) about this? Or are there any free sprite libraries available that contain such images that I can use? Thanks beforehand!
Advertisement
Many 2-d games aren't actually done in a correct top-down perspective. You can create a top-down game using side-view graphics. It will be a broken perspective, but nobody will think twice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement