skew / distortion function in photoshop

Started by
2 comments, last by ahw 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I use photoshop 5. Let this image represents my original picture:
I would like to transform it to something like this:
But I am only able to get this!
That is, I want the skew to act in the horizontal direction only. Surely, this is possible? Anders
Advertisement
Use the perspective transform instead.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Quote:Original post by sunandshadow
Use the perspective transform instead.

Thanks, but the outcome is the same.

I checked Lview Pro (which I have mainly used for sprite animation)and it actually lets you choose between horizonatal and vertical perspective transformation.

But not so in Photoshop 5?
no no, if you use the perspective you will precisely get the bottom picture because horizontal lines further away will look closer to each other.
What you need is to use the Free Transform tool. I am pretty sure you can do a normal horizontal skew (I believe it's also called Tapper in other softwares ?) in Photoshop.
However I cannot recall if this nice little effect was already available in Photoshop 5.

The answer if it isn't available, lies as usual with using Layers :)
Simply draw your vertical lines on a different layer than your horizontal ones. Even separate the white background on a third background layer. Now you can mess with the vertical lines without affecting the horizontal ones.
That's how'd do it anyway :)

Hope that helps !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement