• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Constructors

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just want to confirm, currently angelscript is unable to expose constructors with parameters, right? It would be nice to be able to do something like this: vec3 v(1,2,3); If you can do this, how? -Brian

Advertisement
This is not yet possible. What you can do is to write factory functions that return an initialized object.

Although, you could also wait a little, as I have received a contribution from Andres Carrera that will add constructors with parameters. I still have to incorporate it and test it though, but I hope to have that done in at most a couple of weeks.

It's great to hear that angelscript is going to support constructors with parameters !

My actualy solution is to provide exposed global vars (mainly structures) that are used when angelscript call constructors.

1/ Registrer structure datatype
2/ Register global var of that type
3/ Register the class and its constructor

then in the script

void myFunc()
{
gConstParam.test = "the value";
gConstParam.second = 2;
MyClass theVar;
}

of course this is not perfect, since you have to define/register on struct/global var per class constructor that need data when constructor is called. But it works fine for now !

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement