I'm real new, please help

Started by
12 comments, last by John1 23 years, 6 months ago
Maketty,

QBasic should be great for you, since you''re a beginner. Don''t know how to delete double post? Hmmm ...... you should check out, as acw83 said, "New? Start Here".
Advertisement
I stated with GW-BASIC at about 11 or 12, moved to Q-BASIC a little later, and now @ 15, I''m learning C++ with all the good WinAPI / DirectX stuff mixed in I''d recommend QBASIC for real beginners, you can find QB 4.5 on the net for free if you look a little (note that it''s not legal, but you can''t exactly buy it anymore, so...) Or you can start with C++, but it may be a little harder. One good thing about QB is you will be making real games more quickly (I made a tile RPG with the help of a little sourcecode, but in C++ I can''t even get a pic up on the screen ) It''s up to you
Peon
Hey Hey Hey! Having knowledge about operations on this message board and being a begginer to programming are completely different things! I was really proud of all my accomplishments in the learning of C++ things on my own without a class or book etc.! That was mean! I''m gonna go meditate before some knee caps get broken!

Matthew Fitzgerald (Maketty),
Knightvision Games
Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
You can learn C in a week. And IMHO, it''s a lot better and more powerful than QBASIC.

- DarkMage139
++++++++++++++++
"Shut up and give me the freakin code" -unknown
"Ask and you will be shot" -snes16bit
"Not again!" -SHilbert (upon being assimilated)
"Nazrix is cool." - Nazrix
"You've only seen the beginning" -The Dark Lord of RPGs
"I'm gonna go get high on Squaresoft games" - ILoveNataliePortman
- DarkMage139

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement