I'm real new, please help

Started by
12 comments, last by John1 23 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I''ve never really gotten into programming. I''m not a computer illiterate, so you can explain things in detail. I really want to just be able to write my own applets and programs. I think a DOS based language would humor me quite a bit for a while. Thanks, guys. All help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Hey it''s good you want to learn to program. There is a section of GD.net that is for people just like you. Go to the main page and click "New? Start Here" on the gray menu bar that goes across the top of the page. Good luck.
I''d run a search for QBASIC, you can prob. get it free and it''s most likely the simplest to learn I started it when i was 14 so that just goes to show ya. Good Luck.
We are here just like this,It really doesn't matter why.The world is here like it is,'We could laugh we could cry.Is it good or is it bad,Wright or maybe wrong?There's no use of being sad,Without a purpose within a song.
If you want a nice, free C/C++ compiler for DOS, check out DJGPP.

==================
/* todo: insert cool sig */
Martee
Magnum Games
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Well I''m 14 also and I started with C++ And I haven''t had any problems yet so I would reccomend it although some say it is complicated I LOVE IT!

Matthew Fitzgerald (Maketty),
Knightvision Games
Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
Whoops sorry double post, so sorry, really sorry, I am SORRY!!

Knightvision Games
Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
Double posts should be removed. Click on the icon above the post you want to delete, and delete it...
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
if you go to my site i have some free c/c++ compilers and qbasic v1.1 if you can''t find it. i also have some links to sites i found useful (including gamedev.net, of course!) hope it helps!

Falden
Well, 14 seems to be the lucky number. That''s actually how old i am right now. So QBASIC it is. Thanks again.
Ah man what the?? QBasic?? Pssh.... Oh well some people are born that way.....

Knightvision Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement