Another song by me=)

Started by
11 comments, last by Avatar God 19 years, 6 months ago
It's been awhile since I've posted any songs so I figured I would post something once again. This is a song I'm working on for a game called Heavenly Bodies Anyways here's what I have so far. http://home.comcast.net/~jeffie7/pstringsfluteupdate.mp3 Let me know what you guys think. Jeff Northam
Advertisement
I quite like it. Nice and simple and nothing sounds too out of place. It's possibly too repetitive for title music but would be perfect for music during gameplay.
It gives me a 'my mom died, and now I have to leave town on a long journey' feeling, which is good for most rpg's I guess. I like it, it's not overly complex, but there's enough going on to make it interesting. I like the harp.
Quote:Original post by Kylotan
I quite like it. Nice and simple and nothing sounds too out of place. It's possibly too repetitive for title music but would be perfect for music during gameplay.

Never was ment to be for a title music =)

wendigo23 was pretty on with his idea
I wrote it with walking around in mind.

field view...

The harp is very FFish =)
Great great great! I loved how it flowed. It would be great for 'stomping around' in a games country side.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Dr. A>
My favorite part: major IV chord to minor I chord. (about 1:00 into it) Rock on :)! I love things like that. They keep you from falling asleep :P

At 1:24 you hit the vi IV I V progression. You hear that a LOT in pop/rock music, so that kind of disengaged me. In my compositions, I hate to use stuff that's commonly used in repetetive genres like rock, etc.
"Somebody should make a game about pirating video games. That would be interesting."~Chandler
Nice work, I checked out the other stuff on your site as well.
Keep at it.
The song itself is a good background song. I personally find the repeating swish of the flute destracting though. You definatlly should add some ethnic drums to the background too. Other than that, awsome work ^_^
"Mommy, where do microprocessors come from?"
I usually don't listen to stuff posted here... but I always do for anything posted by jeffie7. :) Great song... I'll listen to it in more detail when I get back.

I did find one bug in the site, though. If you go to another page (say, game info), and then back to the home page, the music keeps playing... and restarts. So you have two unsynched beats going on at once, which is really weird.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

The bug you found, was that nesteggstudios.com? If so I bet you're using Mozilla becuase I have the same problem =) try using IE and it should be ok =) if not... well its not my site I only run is jeffnortham.com

once again thanks guys!

Jeff Northam

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement