• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

farmersckn

How to do a blit (specific)

This topic is 6502 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i''m writing a surface class for dos screen mode 13h. i am having trouble with my blit function. I wrote one that clips on a rectangle basis, in BASIC a long time ago, but it didn''t support receiving source rects. can someone show me how? this is what is accessible to the function. class CSurface { ... void Blit (int iDestX1, int iDestY1, CSurface lpSrcSurface, int iSrcX1, int iSrcY1, int iBlitWidth, int iBlitHeight); ... int iWidth, iHeight byte *lpSurfaceData ... }; i''ve taken a long, hard look at the blit function presented in windows game programming guru''s by l''amothe, but i can''t seem to mold it to work for what i need. i am very irked about this. it seems that whenever i try to apply myself to this problem, i just can''t think straight. So, i have decided to ask for help. Hopefully, someone out there knows how to do this, because i am desperate. it''s driving me nuts. well, thanks. farmersckn

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!