• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Azrael

Check this Vertex Buffers T&L Idea!

This topic is 6500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im kind of new to vertex buffers and Im in general but I was wondering... if you can use the T&L caps of a card to transform a number of vertices depending a matrix, why cant you use that matrix as a bone? yeah look, instead of precalculating the vectors or whatever for the bone system , why dont you pass only some vectors to the T&L pipeline using a bone rotation matrix then the next next vertices by their corresponding bone until you are done with them all.. Is this possible? I mean this could have been a total waste of time in the past but this days whit faster processors and T&L can this be done? Benefits: really easy to handle bones with realtime rotation translation and scaling modifiable at realtime, plus the ability to have more bones per model. But actually u are the experts, What do you think about this?

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!