• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
The_Nerd

Cal3D, using it in my game engine

This topic is 5471 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If you don't know what Cal3D is, then you can ignore this post. I am thinking of using Cal3D in my game engine, I just wanted to see from you guys if this might be a bad idea. Basically, could you give me ups and downs? I don't like there way of storing data in files, so I think I would most likely redo this part of the code. Input would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
I just recently implemented Cal3D with DevLib, and I really like it. I find it very flexible and the way they store the files isn't too bad, I just followed the same .cfg file structure they use where all information resides in that one file for all mesh, animation and material files.

But on the actual animation side, I love it. It blends and plays animations very well and exporting from 3dsmax is pretty easy.

I'd definitely go to their forums because I always see someone posting some code modification they made that brought up the fps 100+ or so.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!