Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yukonngoldandreal

HELP!!!!!!

I know this dosn''t relate to avis but i need some help with picking a c++ class, i''m homescooled that''s what''s the problem please help me.... should i use a book or a computer based learning course or not! please respond a futer game desighner

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
You know, once i tried a computer based course that came with my VC++ learning edition years back. It was one of the most amazing things i''d ever watched. Nearly every confusing thing I didnt understand was cleared up within minutes of watching the course. If I could remember the name of the company i would tell you, but i have since forgotten. Anyhow, they had a whole series of tutorials on different languages, and with my C++ tutorial went into great depth on OO programming etc. Great stuff. So computer based learning isnt bad at all, or at least i didnt think so.

JonStelly    127
"Object Oriented Programming in C++" by the Waite Group is a GREAT beginner book for C++. Buy that and Stroustrup''s "The C++ Programming Language" for reference. Work through OOP in C++ doing all of the excercises and you''ll be set.