kernell32.dll problem

Started by
6 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 6 months ago
i am having this problem with my opengl program.I compiled this program on windowsXP.it ran well on my xp,but when i ran it on windows2000 it showed some error like cannot find w32process in kernesll.dll or something like that.Anyone knows this error ocuured and how to solve it? One more thing.That program runs quite well on my pc with 60fps,but i tested it on ther pc's with more than 1ghz processor and 32 gfx cards, it came down to 2-8fps.May be they need latest gfx card?Is there any other reason? pls help.
Advertisement
A google on w32process kernel32.dll, return results indicating that W32PROCESS is a system kernel structure - the Win32 subsystem process block to be specific. That isn't something that a user mode application should ever have to interact with. Kernel32.dll should hide all that from your program.

It could be that for some reason an attempt to access that structure is being made but the structure isn't being found because the address where it resides changes between W2K and WXP. If that is the case, there's not much you can do about it. I'm skeptical that this is the case.

My advice is to plug the error message into google - exactly as it appears in the message box - and see what turns up. Try wrapping the error message in quotes to start and if nothing turns up then remove the quotes and try again.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
I guess you are using Win5.1 API, which isnt available on Win5.0.
thanks guys,for your responds.

As I said in the last post that program runs quite well on my pc with 60fps,but i tested it on ther pc's with more than 1ghz processor and 32 gfx cards, it came down to 2-8fps.May be they need latest gfx card?Is there any other way so that my program can use hardware accelaration on the pcs which do support opengl,but may not have installed OpenGL Installable Client Driver?
Responding to the OpenGL part of the question:
Quote:One more thing.That program runs quite well on my pc with 60fps,but i tested it on ther pc's with more than 1ghz processor and 32 gfx cards, it came down to 2-8fps.May be they need latest gfx card?Is there any other reason?

I assume you mean 32MB graphics cards rather than 32 graphics cards. But you haven't specified what type (which is more relevant than the amount of memory). Neither have you specified your video card, so we have nothing to compare it to. In addition, you've probably got vsync enabled, so your FPS measure is not accurate on your machine(see the Forum FAQ).

If the 1GHz machine(s) actually has an integrated graphics chipset of some kind, then that kind of performance is probably normal (unless it's a nvidia integrated chipset). The solution in that case is to fit a real graphics card.

But provide better info and you may get a better answer.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

hello benjamin bunny,
my graphics card is NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro.of 32 mb mem,1ghz intel cpu,256 ram and i run my desktop with 800x600x32. Well with this config I didn't have problem running my program which doesn't use any opengl extensions.

But one of my friend had this problem of slowing down the program on his pc.His working screen resolution is 1280 by 960. The graphics card installed is Nvidia GEForce 2, 64 mb, with 1 gb of ram and 2.4 ghz intel cpu.He says he has the proper graphics driver installed and he doesn't see a option though in the graphics card property on open gl. But the hardware acceleration is set to Full.

What may be the problem running the program on his pc?
His drivers aren't properly installed and it's defaulting to the MS drivers

BTW, here is a list of cards that support ARB_multitexture. Notice it's pretty much all of them.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

that was my initial guess.thanks benjamin bunny for the info.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement