TI-83 Plus

Started by
13 comments, last by Ravuya 19 years, 6 months ago
Greetings. I want to write assembly code for the abovementioned calculator. For this, I would need an emulator. I tried Virtual TI, but I have a USB silver cable, not a gray or black COM cable. Is there a way I could run an emulator with my USB cable?
Advertisement
[google] for a good emulator.
_______________________________________________________________________________________He's a real no where man, sitting in his no where land, making all his no where plans for nobody...
I [google]'d already. Virtual TI is supposedly the best emulator. However, I have a USB cable, and most calculator things use the outdated black and gray COM cables.
There are adapters available for USB->COM.

Thermo
Don't you only need the cable to dump the calculator ROM so the emulator can use it? It shouldn't be too hard to find a ROM dump program that works with the SilverLink cables.
TILP has one, IIRC.
Or, just contact me and I'm sure we can sort something out [wink]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
TILP has one, IIRC.
Or, just contact me and I'm sure we can sort something out [wink]

Yes, TILP does have a ROM Dump system; I've never gotten it to work on Linux 2.4 with my Silverlink cable, but that's not to say the Windows version won't work.
Real men build their own serial cables, anyway.

Yes, the one on the right is a "real" one, but the others are hand built. The yellow one is an old Kinder surprise toy case, and the circuitry inside is made from components pushed through cardboard with wires wrapped around their legs and a LOT of sellotape. The fat black one is at least made with a piece of stripboard... and the grey one is a parallel link. Why I need so many, I have no idea [grin]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Any link to hardware-noob-build-your-own-calculator-cable tuts?
Quote:Original post by Pipo DeClown
Any link to hardware-noob-build-your-own-calculator-cable tuts?

ticalc has some, IIRC.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement