• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

AngelScript 1.9.2 WIP 1 (2004/09/26)

This topic is 4861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Another work in progress has been released. Nothing new in terms of features, but I've managed to squeeze out another 10% in performance increase. There is still a little more I can do in terms if optimizations, but I think it will be at most another 10% improvement. To go beyond that I'll have to rethink the VM completely, which is something I'm not prepared to do right now. People have started asking for JIT compilation so this is something that I've started looking into. However I will allow my thoughts on it to mature a little before I even start experimenting with it. I don't want to just compile the entire code into machinecode as that would loose much of the control over the execution that you currently have. For something like that it would be better to simply compile a DLL out of the code. For version 1.9.2 I'll add constructors with parameters as well. After that I'll move on to 1.10.0 where I'll add native arrays (hopefully) and and improved interface to the script functions (also hopefully). Regards, Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Problem during compile. I dont seem to get an import library(.LIB 2kb in size)when i compile in the release build but it's present in the Debug build.

Any Comments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you compiling the DLL? Are you getting the following errors?


--------------------Configuration: angelscript dll - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
dllmain.cpp
Linking...
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _asCreateScriptEngine@4
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _asGetLibraryVersion@0
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _asGetActiveContext@0
../../../lib/angelscript.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

angelscript.dll - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)


These errors are because I forgot to change the project settings to update the symbol names. You should remove the @ and the number, e.g "_asCreateScriptEngine@4" -> "_asCreateScriptEngine".

You might also verify the option "Doesn't produce .LIB". I'm not sure if this actually changes anything, but it might.

Anyway, the .lib file is generated in the /projects/msvc6/dll/Release folder, not the /lib folder where the .dll is generated. I'm not sure why this is so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement