AngelScript 1.9.2 WIP 1 (2004/09/26)

Started by
2 comments, last by EddHead 19 years, 6 months ago
Another work in progress has been released. Nothing new in terms of features, but I've managed to squeeze out another 10% in performance increase. There is still a little more I can do in terms if optimizations, but I think it will be at most another 10% improvement. To go beyond that I'll have to rethink the VM completely, which is something I'm not prepared to do right now. People have started asking for JIT compilation so this is something that I've started looking into. However I will allow my thoughts on it to mature a little before I even start experimenting with it. I don't want to just compile the entire code into machinecode as that would loose much of the control over the execution that you currently have. For something like that it would be better to simply compile a DLL out of the code. For version 1.9.2 I'll add constructors with parameters as well. After that I'll move on to 1.10.0 where I'll add native arrays (hopefully) and and improved interface to the script functions (also hopefully). Regards, Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Problem during compile. I dont seem to get an import library(.LIB 2kb in size)when i compile in the release build but it's present in the Debug build.

Any Comments?
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
Are you compiling the DLL? Are you getting the following errors?

--------------------Configuration: angelscript dll - Win32 Release--------------------Compiling...dllmain.cppLinking...LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _asCreateScriptEngine@4LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _asGetLibraryVersion@0LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _asGetActiveContext@0../../../lib/angelscript.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externalsError executing link.exe.angelscript.dll - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)

These errors are because I forgot to change the project settings to update the symbol names. You should remove the @ and the number, e.g "_asCreateScriptEngine@4" -> "_asCreateScriptEngine".

You might also verify the option "Doesn't produce .LIB". I'm not sure if this actually changes anything, but it might.

Anyway, the .lib file is generated in the /projects/msvc6/dll/Release folder, not the /lib folder where the .dll is generated. I'm not sure why this is so.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Got it working........Didn't see properly......Dumb Me! Thanks a lot!
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement