• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zerodefect

fog problems

This topic is 5473 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having problems with opengl fog. What happens is that everything in the world is colored the same as my fog except that the fog itself is not being rendered. When I move the camera close to any of the objects the color appears again. Its like the fog is working but not rendering itself. Any ideas? im really new at this still.

Advertisement
Use glClearColor() to set the background color to the same colour as your fog. It sounds to me like it's fogging the objects just fine.

ohhhh man.... im am such a moron. haha. thanks alot. i was looking over this for like almost an hour before i posted and i didnt even think about that. thanks alot for your help and quick reply!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!