• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Gray00

Dev-C++ Compiler Help Me!!!

This topic is 5475 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Brand spankin' new at this and I can't find what I need in the help file. I get a dark red line and an X on a line that looks right. I'm guessing it's and error (duh) but I'm not sure why and how to fix it. I've tried changing the line and moving it around. Nothing works. What I'd like is thourough tut on the compiler. Can't find one on the Bloodshed site. Anybody? Gray00

Advertisement
We would be better able to help you if you, say, provided the code generating the error along with any other information that seems pertinent to the issue at hand.

//endl practice//
//for me//

#include <iostream>

using std::cout;
using std::endl;
using std::cin;

int main()
{
cout << "text here." << endl;
cin.get()
}

This bottom bracket and sometimes the cout line. please do forgive my newbie-ness

Im not to sure what your trying to do here ?
if you want to print 'text here' to the screen do this ...

#include <iostream>
int main()
{
int Pause;
cout<<"Text Here";
cin>>Pause;
return 0;
}

the 'int Pause / cin>>Pause' Part is to keep the screen open,
Some people have trouble with that starting out with dev-cpp

There are better ways like system pause but you need more lib's

Im not sure what you where trying to do with cin.get() thou

thx mcgrane66. i was really just trying to practice writing a working prog(and keeping it open) without having to look at the book. the one you gave looks much easier, too. i've only been at this for 3 evenings. i'm really a 3D artist/musician looking to use those skills in conjunction with C++. you guys respond MUCH quicker than i would have thought. again MANY thanx!!

note: that cout line also gives a dark red line but still works. strange

For the xteen millionth time:

Quote:
Bloodshed Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as its compiler. It creates native Win32 executables, either console or GUI. Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin.

It's an IDE, not a compiler.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!