more questions

Started by
2 comments, last by Fruny 19 years, 6 months ago
what site would i go to for graphics programs? stuff like BLENDER or MAYA i know we shouldnt worry bout college but we cant help it if i dont no evry thing bout C++, should i start drawing graphics? or should i finish the book i have (C++ for dummies)? thx for ur help -jaydude
Advertisement
Graphics with what API?

Gamedev has plenty of stuff. Look around in the Articles or search the site with google to find articles and forum topics about what you're looking for! Yay! [cool]
A lot of people would probably tell you to finish the book, but I say go for it. NeHe's site (nehe.gamedev.net) will work as an effective crash-course in graphics programming, and it'll teach you a few concepts of Windows programming (unless you use GLut).

But I don't know...those "for dummies" books seem like introduction books, so I'd suggest at least *buying* another one for reference -- and don't be afraid to spend money on a big-a book with everything about your chosen language in it (C++), if you can find one with decent reviews and accurate information.

Another thing: programming takes typing. A LOT of typing. The keywords may be short, and you can choose your own variables, but I recommend typing at least a good 60 words/minute with no errors. Because you will type a LOT.

NOTE: What was the "i know we shouldnt worry bout college but we cant help it"? Are you schizophrenic, or...what?

EDIT: O--k...that edit makes everything I just said more-or-less useless. Still, you should read it, because I wrote it, and I are t3h rox. Anyway, try googling blender +tutorial or maya +tutorial.
Things change.
Quote:Original post by jaydude
what site would i go to for graphics programs?
stuff like BLENDER or MAYA

For Blender, go to www.blender3d.org.
For Maya, go to www.alias.com and break out your checkbook.

Quote:if i dont no evry thing bout C++, should i start drawing graphics? or should i finish the book i have (C++ for dummies)?

I don't know everything about C++ either. The answer is "it depends on what you like to do better". My drawing skills are limited to technical drawing, my sister can't program.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement