• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
keic

OpenGL Problem with multitexturing

This topic is 5407 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using visual studio 6.0 When I try to compile any openGL program which uses multitexturing it compiles but when I'm trying to run this I see "Your version of OpenGL does not support multitexturing" I added glext.h to source files and I installed glut-3.7.6. Can anyone help?:)

Advertisement
What video card do you have installed on your system? Do you have the latest drivers?

This is just a wild stab in the dark, but it seems pretty obvious that your video card doesn't have support for multitexturing...

GeForce 400MX:). I need proper version of glut.dll and opengl32.dll in windows\system ? I've searched this files but it hadn't help.
If you would tell me where can i find it i would be very grateful.. or what else should i do.

>>I need proper version of glut.dll and opengl32.dll in windows\system ?<<

no, thats not it

check the getting started section here
http://www.opengl.org/resources/faq/technical/index.html

it sounds as if u dont have your drivers installed correctly and are somehow getting the microsoft sortware version of opengl
try sticking
printf( "%s", glGetString( GL_VENDOR ) );
in your code.

goto the nvidia site and download new drivers and install them correctly

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!