• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
VladR

VladR Games releases demo of 3D Western RPG Game ! (Screens Inside)

This topic is 5463 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, finally the game has come into releasable status. The demo with 1 level can be found here : Demo (6,4 MB) Screenshot: Other screenshots: Screen 02 Screen 03 Screen 04 Please download it and let me know if it works. If it crashed, please send the file "LOG.TXT" from game`s main directory at my email vrepcak@atom.sk. Thanks for any feedback VladR www.avenger.sk

Advertisement
Looks great ... the only problem i had was the game wouldn't load if i have McAfee On access scan running the mcshield process sat at 96% and nothing happened as soon as i disabled it everything ran smoothly.

Looks great, nice to see some independant MMORPGs getting far,
Hope to see more from you in the future
Minor tip: turn on the FSAA when taking screenshots, they look alot nicer

Ehm, where did you get the idea it`s MMORPG ? It`s just single player RPG. Multiplayer isn`t even planned, I don`t have the time to code it all myselves and I don`t even feel like devoting time to multiplayer programming, I`m happy we have some single-player at least.
I would never ever think of MMORPG as an indie.With single player, one programmer and one artist is enough, but for MMORPG it`s inadequately small team.

And yes, we`re working also on another title in parallel. It`s RPG (again), but this time from underground/cave/castle environment.

I got a message saying it was reverting to the software rasterizer and then after loading it went too slow to be playable.

My fault really. Video card is geForce2MX.

Pretty cool, but has a pretty big bug in regards to dying. As you die, you can click on an enemy and bring yourself back to life. The "Game Over" dialog is still visible, but you can fight. You "re-die" as you pick up items, but if there is a body nearby you can click on it to stop yourself from dying.

Here is a screen:

Game Bug

Hope that helps, pretty neat though,

~Graham

There is new version uploaded that has 5 levels already (level from previous demo is excluded from this release), so that should definitely please those that like this type of game.
The link is : New Demo (5.7 MB)
There are quite a few bugs fixed, actually there is no known bug on our computers, although that means nothing since other PCs always encounter new bugs.

The game currently logs also during gameplay, so it might quite slow, because each write to log means opening, writing, closing - so that I`m sure about places where it really maneged to get to.

So if you manage to spot some crashing bug, please send me file LOG.TXT to vrepcak@atom.sk

BTierens: we have already fixed this bug regarding crashing when pressing "I" key. If you have the possibility, pelase could you download the new 5-level demo and see if it is fixed also for you ?

modena: I already know about this issue, during this week I should be able to get to machine that causes this too, so I might be able to fix this soon.

Thanks for the feedback so far, please keep submitting your feedback, it`s really appreciated.

Thanks
VladR

What should I do with the .ace file? It's not a zip or an exe. Do I have to place it in the program directory of the previous demo?

BTierens: Use a real archive program like WinRAR

Quote:
Original post by VladR
The game currently logs also during gameplay, so it might quite slow, because each write to log means opening, writing, closing - so that I`m sure about places where it really maneged to get to.

Wouldn't it be a more efficient approach to open the log at program start and flush the file after every write rather than close and reopen?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!