why MSVC compiles every cpp on changing a single cpp file

Started by
2 comments, last by DirectXXX 19 years, 6 months ago
I have dozens of cpp files properly organized. Every thing was just fine. But i dont remember what i did in haste...Now when I compile a single file / build project, every cpp file( which was already compiled ) compiles. I have no idea about this sudden change in behaviour. I tried to create new solution and project but the problem remains. Also this is not a problem with my other msvc projects. Can anyone give me an idea of possible solutions? im using msvc++ 7.1
3D Side-Scroller game demo Project-X2 "playable"Lashkar: A 3D Game & Simulation Project demo @ lashkar.berlios.de
Advertisement
It seems that you have a system date problem. If this is the case then you may try to edit all the files, save them agin, and recompile. This will change the date all all files (both .cpp and .obj). Once you've done that, you'll be able to work as usual.

If the problem do not come from the dates then, hey, it's funny :D

Regards,
If you change a header file that gets included in all of them, then you will end up rebuilding the world. It also happens when you change a project setting. If you set any custom build settings make sure you did not use a variable like $(ProjectDir) in the build line -- it rebuilds everything just in case it changed since the last build.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
OMG you are right. I changed the date my self and forgot to correct it. Thanx for the help.
3D Side-Scroller game demo Project-X2 "playable"Lashkar: A 3D Game & Simulation Project demo @ lashkar.berlios.de

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement