cannot install directX 9 sdk

Started by
0 comments, last by Sharky 19 years, 6 months ago
i have tried to install directX9 sdk about 5 times now but it wont install. each time it gets to the very end of the instillation, and tells me the directX was not installed. the wizard was interrupted before the intstillation could finish. no changes have been made to my computer. i tried uninstalling the old directX from the pc, but the same problem happens again when i reinstall. any ideas ??this is wrecking my head
I currently only use c# and directX9, in case its relivant and i didnt mention it in the post
Advertisement
I have had a similar problem before whereby I was unable to uninstall an old version of the DirectX9 SDK and, as a result, I was also unable to install a newer version of the SDK.

Unfortunately I found no easy solution to this problem and had to resort to manually working through the registry and removing key and entries relating to the SDK and the SDK installation. This was a bit of a laborious task and, to be honest, it is probably just as easy to backup your system and start from fresh.

Of course there may be someone else on here who has a more plausible solution to this problem but I am yet to come across one!

Good luck!
Sharky

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement