Gamecube development

Started by
5 comments, last by grekster 19 years, 6 months ago
Quick request, can you guys post links of tutorials, relating how to develope games/applications for Nintendo's Gamecube..
/ Christoffer Nyberg( www.christoffernyberg.com )
Advertisement
Firstly youll need an SDK with a special verison of a Gamecube to build the game CD's from. These are not only really expensive (I think) but or very hard to get hold of.

Apart from that I think its more or less just like developing a PC, just with memory and speed restrictions and the use of a different API (could be wrong here though as we dont start GC development till Year 4 of the course im on).
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
There are now game cube emulators so you might not need an actual dev system, but I don't see any developer support for gamecube (unlike gameboy advance). In any case why don't you try asking for help at the emulator forum.
Isn't it only something like 11% of developers make games for Gamecube? I don't know if you care but it may be better to stick with something more popular, but then again developers may be more indemand because of this. You may have better luck in the console forum, if a mod doesn't move this thread then you may want to repost in the console forum.
_______________________________________________________________________________________He's a real no where man, sitting in his no where land, making all his no where plans for nobody...
Why do the GameCube console makers make the dev kit so hard to get ?,I mean like more people would be willing to develop it the tools are easily available...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[AirBash.com]
ProDG for Nintendo GameCube is a suite of Win32 build tools, debuggers and other utilities for Nintendo GameCube developers. The advantage of ProDG is that you can develop for the Nintendo GameCube in a familiar Microsoft Windows operating system, allowing you to develop better games, faster, for Nintendo's new GameCube console.

SN-TDEV is a cost effective hardware platform for developing games for the Nintendo GameCube. When used with ProDG for Nintendo GameCube, you can compile your game code and then execute/debug it.
Quote:Original post by FireNet
Why do the GameCube console makers make the dev kit so hard to get ?,I mean like more people would be willing to develop it the tools are easily available...

They want to have overall control of the games released on the System. The image of a console is very strongly linked to the games released. So not only do they not want rubbish games out they dont want games that break their image (e.g. Manhunt on Nintendos "Family Orientated" GameCube).
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement