• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rasmus Johansen

Vector projection.

This topic is 5405 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i'm reading "3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development" right now, one of the chapters called "Operations on Vectors" focus on simple vector operation like addition, subtraction, multiplication, dot product, cross product and other simple things like that, but i really can't understand a section called "Projecting One Vector onto Another". The section is only 1 page(and 2 lines), half of it is formula's and there is hardly any explanation. Could anyone who owns the book explain what all this means or give a link to an article discussing this? Sorry if anyone have posted something similar to this before, i tried to search but couldn't find anything. I'm also sorry i can't include the formula's, but i don't know how to make all these math things.

Advertisement
Google vector projections. It's basically a use for the dot product. Lots and lots and lots of information on it out there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!