• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_Sigma

TI-89 C tutorial

This topic is 5472 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
oh my!! you can actually program on the TI calculators in C? that would be so much easier then writing a program (EDIT) IN (/EDIT) basic on the calculator....

Looks like only the TI-89

http://education.ti.com/us/resources/developer/8992/hilight/hilight.html

Not C++ because they can't fit all they libs on it, but still...wow...i was learning ASM for the 83+ and wow that almost killed me!

Quote:
Original post by Extrarius
TICalc.org
TI.Com

Yes, you can program the TI-89, 92, and 92+ in C, but there are no on-calc compilers that I know of.

Well TI calc doesn't really have anything, nor does TI really

You must not have looked hard, as TI.com has a whole development kit for it, and TICalc.org is full of tutorials and source.
Both sites have _TONS_ of documentation on programming all calculators, especially the TI-89, and some of it happens to be about C.

I have to admit I didn't check the Ti site very much, my bad! Thats wehre I got my SDK from, so I assumed that there wasn't anything else there! I'll chcek it out. As for the TiCalc.org site, I frequent that site a lot, and they don't really have any links about programming in C, only ASM, and that doesn't really interset me

Thanks for the help

Sigma

I programmed my TI-89 in C and I didn't use TI's SDK. I used the TIGCC, gcc and IDE for the 89. It's nice to just run an installer and have a working dev environment (although it's better if you install VTI too; the run button will attempt to use VTI for testing). Also, the TIGCC includes the rom calls that ASM programmers (and presumably SDK users) use as well as several additional libraries. It includes a very good help file with documentation on all functions sorted into keyboard, dialog boxes, graphics, math, etc. as well as a FAQ and stuff. With that and the included examples (no outside tutorials), I programmed for it just fine.

I like programming the calculator with TIGCC is easier than programming for the GBA or Palm OS. It's not a hassle to get it working and the help files are very good.

[Edit:] Oops, I just saw that you are using Titanium. I heard that that breaks a lot of compatibility; you would have to check the documentation for wether it's supported. It might be just a new ROM and HW version macro, though; TIGCC used those to set compatibility up through HW2.0 and ROM 2.08, which were the newest when I stopped using it.

Thanks man, just d/led the IDE, will try it later tonight. What kind of compatatiblity are we talking about? Will TIGCC work with it?

Any Idea how to get it to work with VTI? I have the TIGCC IDE installed, but tid doesn't know about VTI....any ideas?

Sigma

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!