• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tengfeigoon

c++ beginer help

This topic is 5472 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a beginer .I see the article "How do I make games A Path to Game Development" written by geoff howland in this website.The game which he talked about is very good.But where could I get the source code of game?I want more source code of game. but I couldnot find it .please ask me some website where I can find a count of small single source code of game written by vc++ .

Advertisement
Planetsourcecode.com has tons of good stuff; you might try looking there.

But I would suggest that the best way to learn how to program games is to read tutorials... just looking at the source will probably not be enough, unless you're quite experienced.

Ryan

I second that. I have source code for several games and I still always would rather go back to the tutorials. Most of the source code out there, especially for the larger products, is confusing at best even when you know what you are doing. It isn't commented well enough for someone to pick it up and understand it, mostly because the "state of the code" or "technical document" is a separate document with all the technical details.

Read the tutorials and follow along with them, makes learning interactive and then you will have your own source code to look at [smile].

Thank you for giving me so much advice.but I am a beginner .I really donot know how can I find good tutorials.Could you give me some website where a mount of good tutorials in it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!