• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
stefu

Shutdown as regular gnome user

This topic is 5471 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I would like to enable gnome shutdown (and reboot) as regulart user. Now only logout works, so I need to logout and then shutdown from gdm.. Are you sure you want to log out? Action:
( ) Logout
(*) Shutdown
( ) Reboot
How? Thank you.

Advertisement
If you're using a new enough version of GDM and gnome-session, such an option is presented (as long as it's not configured to be disallowed; I think it's allowed for local users by default).

Yeah. You need gnome 2.6 at least, i think.

I'm still waiting for it to show up in debian testing :(

~$ apt-cache showpkg gdm
Package: gdm
Versions:
2.4.4.7-3

Umm, I have that logout window with logout, rshutdown and reboot options.

But they don't work. They all only logs out to gdm login. I have Gnome 2.6.2 and GDM 2.4.4.7.

How to make shutdown option to shutdown computer, noit just logout? Google didn't help much, I found something about creating /etc/pam.d/shutdown but didin't manage to get effect.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!