Sugestion to the GDNet Staff

Started by
2 comments, last by White Rabbit 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I don't really know the capabilities of the Gamedev staff, i mean monetarily, so i don't know how feasable this will sound like, but here it goes. Why don't you guys supply a service similar to sourceforge? I'de, of course preffer a free service =), but if you couldn't make it free, then it could even be used to gain some income, maybe present it as an upgrade from the regular GDNet membership. Given the huge comunity of project starters you guys have here, i think it could work. Thanks.
"Follow the white rabbit."
Advertisement
The GD Showcase is where you upload your games, but it's been made into a GDNet+ service. Also I'm considering adding this sort of thing to DevImg, for free.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
There's a project proposal along these lines already filed. [smile]

(Disclaimer: 'proposal' means it's an "official idea to be considered." It does not mean that it's being developed, or even that it will be developed - just that it's on record as something to think about doing.)

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

CGameProgrammer: That would be AWESOME!!!

superpig: That would be AWESOME!!!

"Follow the white rabbit."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement