• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sYn pHrEAk

OpenGL Header Files for VC++ 2005 Express

This topic is 5462 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was trying to compile some of NeHe's tutorials and the "Latest" base code in Visual C++ 2005 Express Beta, but I am missing "windows.h" "gl.h" "glu.h" and maybe some others. Can I just copy these over from my install of VC++6?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
The one from Lnux will work great.

I tried to figure this out myself a week ago and my thread got hijacked and noone gave any useful information. BUT I figured it out with a bunch of searching.

Here is what I had to do:
Download Service Pack 2 if you haven't already (I didn't have any problems with it and it is the only way I got it to work)
Download the Windows Platform SDK and install it
Open the file corewin_express.vsprops (program files/visual studio beta/vc/visualprojectdefualts or something like that is the directory)
YOu need to add this to your Additional Dependacies line so it looks like this:
AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib" />

Also for the project you need to click on project settings/linker/input and add this to addition dependacies "OpenGL32.lib" "GLu32.lib" "GLaux.lib"

You should be good to go now. You might even beable to add the opengl libs to the corewin file if you wanted to but I didn't try since I only wanted to include them in the specific project and didn't want to mess around with it anymore.

In

Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories

I had to add

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows XP SP2\Lib

to Libraries and

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows XP SP2\Include

to Includes.

But that was all!
Thanks OME!

Guest Anonymous Poster
I get a crapload of errors when I try to do this when I try examples from my OpenGL superBible book. They always come from GL/gl.h. What's the deal?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by sYn pHrEAk
In

Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories

I had to add

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows XP SP2\Lib

to Libraries and

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows XP SP2\Include

to Includes.

But that was all!
Thanks OME!

Ah...yeah I forgot about that. I had a link to the instructions at micrsoft but I was going from memory since I had just done it. Glad I could help anyway.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
I get a crapload of errors when I try to do this when I try examples from my OpenGL superBible book. They always come from GL/gl.h. What's the deal?

you're including <windows.h> BEFORE <GL/gl.h> right?

ie.
#include <windows.h>
#include <gl/gl.h>

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!