• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
K_I_L_E_R

[java] Why do people continue to use Java3D?

This topic is 5396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Believe it or not, Java 3D isn't dead yet. It was actually recently open sourced by Sun.

I know, I know. Nobody seems to like it. Oh well.

I like it! A lot! ;D

...btw, kiler, have you even used it before making such a statement?
...btw2, there are also plenty of alternatives to jME, which is not a very mature one i think (correct me if i'm wrong, but it is fairly "new" and not ready yet).
...btw3, Java3D is not only for games. It is widely used in a variety of other domains.

there are also plenty of alternatives to jME, which is not a very mature one i think (correct me if i'm wrong, but it is fairly "new" and not ready yet).
====================================

I have used it and it is quite mature.
What other engines are available?

=====================================

No I haven't used Java3D because when I've seen the "last updated" date it was very old.

So I thought it was dead.

Guest Anonymous Poster
It's been said before, so let's say it again:

http://javagamesfactory.com/tech.html

(or try the front page to get the navbar etc)

There are 6 different java 3D engines listed there, all up-to-date, with demos, screenshots, games, and links.

FYI, jME is definitely not the most mature, although I hear they are getting better (until recently the docs were crap). Engine looks impressive, although I think AgentFX probably kicks its butt...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!