free soldier/person md2 model needed

Started by
12 comments, last by Tera_Dragon 19 years, 6 months ago
This is probably the wrong forum - maybe it should be in help wanted- anyway- everyone seems helpful enough here so pls forgive.. What I want is simple: 1.I simply need a free soldier model holding a gun in md2 format. I have milkshape but it's too fiddly for me trying to get each vertex assigned to a bone for the crap models I mess up *every* time ! 2. If the model is very complex then like mip mapping I'll need some smaller versions for when the soldier is quite a distance off. 3. I'll need it to have key frame sequences for standing, kneeling, lying down and running, walking, crawling.This must have been done to death... 4. I want to color the soldier a vague misty blue hew or vague misty red hew depending on what army he is in. Simply opengl set color material command would work wouldn't it ? I've trawled the web and found a zillion matches, they are all in 3DS format or some other format which I don't know. I have a feeling what I'm askign is so simple that people don't even bother giving it away for free - (in the same way people don't give free opengl squares away for free) ! cheers Ade
Advertisement
Just go to www.polycount.com. They have lots of models in MD2 and MD3 format.
Isn't it possible to convert 3DS to MD2 and MD3. I have Milkshape 1.7.0.
For some reason my milkshape doesn't like the MD2 file format.
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
Quote:Original post by Tera_Dragon
For some reason my milkshape doesn't like the MD2 file format.

What do you mean? Does it export wrong or what?
I can't really remember right now, but I think I get problems when I try to save them. Something to do with skeletons (mabe not having them).
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
Well, when i make 3 random cubes and save it as MD2, it pops up a message saying that no animation is exoprted, because there are no bones. The MD2 has some weird bone and tag stuff, which i had in a book somewere, but i'm too lazy to find it right now.
MD2, the original Q2 form, has no bones. Animation is entirely per-pixel keyframing. This is probably the source of the problem.
-- Single player is masturbation.
Quote:Original post by Pxtl
MD2, the original Q2 form, has no bones. Animation is entirely per-pixel keyframing. This is probably the source of the problem.
I looked in the book and it was about MD3 instead, which had those tag_head, tag_body etc. My mistake
Quote:Original post by Yosepp
Well, when i make 3 random cubes and save it as MD2, it pops up a message saying that no animation is exoprted, because there are no bones. The MD2 has some weird bone and tag stuff, which i had in a book somewere, but i'm too lazy to find it right now.

Yes this is the problem that I was getting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement