• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ZinkForb

OpenGL OpenGL for C++

This topic is 5469 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I kno next to nothing about OpenGL and need a tutorial on it for C++ (3D gfx) but cant find 1...can ne1 suggest a good tutorial that explains starting at total beginner?

Advertisement
same thing. the code is exactly the same. VC++ is just that they have a dev environment set up for visual studio. but the code is all standard C++. if you're not using visual studio you'll just have to set up your own dev environment/project or makefile. but it will compile happily.

-me

Quote:
Original post by GLboyboy
NeHe is the best choice

n_n

But he doesn't use classes, and someone not too familiar with C++ might not be able to put it into their own classes.

Quote:
Original post by Tera_Dragon
Quote:
NeHe is the best choice

n_n

But he doesn't use classes, and someone not too familiar with C++ might not be able to put it into their own classes.

Then perhaps they should continue to learn C++ before trying to move on?

Quote:
Original post by Washu
Quote:
Original post by Tera_Dragon
Quote:
NeHe is the best choice

n_n

Then perhaps they should continue to learn C++ before trying to move on?

Yes they should, but I was just trying to be helpful ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!