Sign in to follow this  
jaydude

i wanna be a graphics artist

jaydude    100
What program do you recommend for graphics and how much will it cost? Should i learn C++ or skip straight to graphics? or should i go back to C or C#? Whats a good number to have on team of programmers? I'm looking into Collins College. IS this a good choice for programming and graphics? (www.collinscollege.com or google it) is it true i should make immitations like tetris -> breakout ->pac-man -> side scroller? thx! jaydude

Hybrid    138
Usually a graphics artist does not program.

However a graphics programmer does.

So which do you want to be? A programmer implementing the latest graphics techniques or an artist who doesn't code and creates textures and builds 3D models in 3D Studio Max?

jaydude    100
Quote:
Original post by Hybrid
So which do you want to be? A programmer implementing the latest graphics techniques or an artist who doesn't code and creates textures and builds 3D models in 3D Studio Max?

whats the difference?

Hybrid    138
A graphics programmer uses C, C++, OpenGL, DirectX to write the code for the game.

The artist uses programs like Adobe Photoshop to create the textures (graphics) for the games. Or creates the 3D Models of monsters in a 3D modelling program like 3D Studio Max or Maya.

Basically do you want to write code or draw?