i wanna be a graphics artist

Started by
4 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 6 months ago
What program do you recommend for graphics and how much will it cost? Should i learn C++ or skip straight to graphics? or should i go back to C or C#? Whats a good number to have on team of programmers? I'm looking into Collins College. IS this a good choice for programming and graphics? (www.collinscollege.com or google it) is it true i should make immitations like tetris -> breakout ->pac-man -> side scroller? thx! jaydude
Advertisement
Usually a graphics artist does not program.

However a graphics programmer does.

So which do you want to be? A programmer implementing the latest graphics techniques or an artist who doesn't code and creates textures and builds 3D models in 3D Studio Max?
Quote:Original post by Hybrid
So which do you want to be? A programmer implementing the latest graphics techniques or an artist who doesn't code and creates textures and builds 3D models in 3D Studio Max?

whats the difference?
A graphics programmer uses C, C++, OpenGL, DirectX to write the code for the game.

The artist uses programs like Adobe Photoshop to create the textures (graphics) for the games. Or creates the 3D Models of monsters in a 3D modelling program like 3D Studio Max or Maya.

Basically do you want to write code or draw?
How many of these topics did you post? I've counted like 4 topics asking the same questions, and you don't seem to be really listening in any of them.
Things change.
Stop polluting the forum. Go and read up on the basics, learn the terminology, and get a clue.

Then maybe you'll post a single coherent topic in the correct forum.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement