Dynamic update

Started by
5 comments, last by Tiger99 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi I am just wondering how can I use ASP to update the values in a dropdown list as user change the values of the other dropdown list? Can this be done in ASP or this can only be done in &#106avascript? Thanks
Advertisement
Just wondering what this has to do with game development....

I believe this is a programming issue and I believe I have posted my question under the appropriate category - General Programming: The place for discussing programming issues not related to games...
this can be done without &#106avascript if the drop down box you are changing causes a post back ...
sorry, can you please explain what post back means. An sample example code would be very helpful

Thanks for your help
Quote:Original post by Tiger99
sorry, can you please explain what post back means. An sample example code would be very helpful

Thanks for your help

It means when you change the first drop down the page causes an event which will reload the page, call to 'Page_Load'. You need to make the drop post back, in the properties window in VS.NET if u use that.

The drop down will have something like a 'SelectedIndex_Changed' event. Put your code to update the other drop down in that, make sure in your Page_Load you do the first initializations in a block like this

if (!IsPostBack)
{
// do
}

btw what are u using, is this ASP.NET with VB.net /C# or just asp

Hope that helped
Thanks...I have never used ASP.NET. I am just using ASP. Can I still do post back?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement