MMO games that have failed?

Started by
24 comments, last by zer0wolf 19 years, 6 months ago
Anyone know a list, or have a list of MMO games that have gotten to a beta stage, or close to it, and then failed?? I know Dragon Empires stopped development in Beta. Any others?
www.jiblife.info
Advertisement
Going with the title, i know know one game right now that has failed, or will fail, in the very near future, do to the fact that the guy "designing" a game thinks he has "the best MMO ever." He said in his own words he's making the Quake 3.2 of MMOs. Maybe i should make a research paper out of him, take a look at his psyche before and after the game.
Isn't failing part of the definition for MMO games?
__________________________________________________________America seems to like crap because its what we make popular. - Goober King
Rubies of Eventied did fail, but now apparently they rised again.
MS canceled their latest MMORPG attempt (forgot the name) and I heard rumors that Ultima X was canceled as well.
3rd World.
Quote:Original post by Naaga
Isn't failing part of the definition for MMO games?

As far as gameplay goes, yes.
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
UO2 and UXO have both been shelved.

Motor City Online saw a tiny release before being crushed.
UO2 was the biggest named mmorpg to ever get cancelled. It didn't fail, it was nearing beta test when it was vaporized by retarded execs on april fools day. Worse. time. ever. I was a huge member of the community, interacting with devs, and players. It was PC Gamers most anticipated game of the year for about at least 6 months. Shadowbane was usually 5 slots below it. Goddamn, how that game would of roxed. The devs came up with a fantastic PvP system for the carebears and killers. It would of also had one of the best resource/tradeskill mechanisms ever. I feel worse for the team than I do for the players. Those guys were working uber hard.
I study day and night, memorizing the game.
I wish they hadn't given up on Sovereign [sad]. That game was looking way cool. I wrote an article tho on online persistence for Game Design Perspectives and I realized how hard it actually is to make an MMO RTS, so I guess I'm not surprised they had to can it. Still... woulda been cool.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Wow I can't believe I forgot about UO2 haha. UOX also canceled? Doesn't surprise me that much.
www.jiblife.info

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement