Looking to do more with my palm pilot

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 6 months ago
Well currently I'm using my palm pilot for dealing with my contacts, scheduling, taking/making notes, as a calculator and converter, reading pdfs, cheating at crossword puzzles, Rouge, solitaire, dopewars, poker, minesweeper, tetris, breakout, lights out, poker, and playing mp3's.. I'm looking to do more serious work with my palm pilot, and more specifically to game programming, as right now I'm just using it to take light notes, and make *very* rough sketches of some concepts. That and reading the few e-books I can find available in pdf format. So maybe someone here can help me finding certain things here: Onboard programming: Well Onboard C did not turn out as I expected it to be. I'm looking to do developement to be as cross platform as possible and Onboard C doesn't seem to offer that, I'm not really interested in developing for the device. The python interpreter for palm seems incomplete, is there any other options for onboard programming that aren't more expensive than my device(Zire 31)? Documentation: Well for reading documentation I've been using Adobe acrobat and in most cases it's been working great. I'm just wondering if there's a good program out there to read maybe html files, so I can take things like the SDL documentation around with me. As for creating documents, is there an html editor for palm? The other thing I'm looking for is maybe is there a decent word processor/spellchecker for the palm for when I want to make something more than a note? Music and Sound: Well this one is simple, is there a working midi sequencer for palm that can transfer the files you made to your PC? Visual Arts: Is there a color program that can do basic graphic editing, have zoom and shape drawing capabilities, and can be transfered to your PC? Any help, or questions you want to find out about your palm would be greatly appreciated in this thread ;)
Advertisement
Why don't you try using the gcc version for the palm pilot. I think it's called Pocket GCC or something like that. Just do a search on google for this and you'll find compilers and text editors for the palm for c, c++ etc... Good luck
Programming Rules!!!Skateboarding Rules!!!
Pocket GCC is for Pocket PC. Anyone know of a good IDE on the palm? When I search for palm programmign software, I keep getting hits for things to make programs for a palm, not on a palm.
-- Single player is masturbation.
I'll anwer my own question about html viewer.. http://pda.tucows.com/palm/preview/347914.html
Set it to vibrate and walk around with it in your pants. Woo!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement