dumb question - downloading enet

Started by
4 comments, last by RaphaelMun 19 years, 6 months ago
This is probably one of the dumbest questions that's on this forum but how do I download ENet? On the Source Distribution page of enet.cubik.org, it says "You can retrieve the source to ENet by downloading it in either .zip form, .tar.gz form, or accessing the cvs distribution directly." but there's no place to download the source in .zip form. Please help. Thank you!
Advertisement
Hmmm, doesn't seem to be a .zip on the page. You're probably best off downloading the latest CVS snapshot; Winzip and WinRAR can open .tar.gz files.
Ok, this was pointless since you can unpack a tgz in winzip anyway.. I just didn't have anything better to waste my account's quota on ;)
enet.zip
I don't think anyone's trying to fool anyone here, but I'd recommend against downloading "re-packaging" of public packages, because of the small risk that someone inserts trojan code or executables in the package. Trust is one of the hardest problems in network programming!

No offense intended, doynax (I haven't specifically looked at that enet.zip file at all).
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
This is a note from your moderator. Dyonax made a perfectly valid post, and I screwed it up by clicking the wrong button. My apologies.

Dyonax' point was that it would be hard to insert a buffer overrun exploit in a Zip archive (which is true), and that hiding malicious code in a source distribution is bound to get found sooner or later (probably true).

But if you don't read every line of code in all sources you download, being careful about where you download from is probably a good idea.

I'll see if there's some post history from which I can restore the original message.

[Edited by - hplus0603 on October 1, 2004 1:10:43 PM]
Oh wow, thanks a lot everybody! I think I figured it out now. I built the source files into a dll.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement