Is there a profiler with Visual Studio 6.0 Professional edition?

Started by
3 comments, last by demonkoryu 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi... Sorry if this is a little lame question... But, i heard Visual C++ 6.0 comes with a profiler. I have VS6.0 Pro. Does this version has a profiler? it wasn't installed when i installed the program. What is the name of this profiler. How can i install it, and run it. If it doesn't come with the pro version. Are there any free C++ profilers out there that would work with VC++ 6.0. Thanks a lot
Advertisement
Hi, just see under options (don't know the menu) "Profile Build" or something the like. Then run your code. Should work (I haven't touched VC6 for years).

What bothers me much more is WTF are MS thinking when they ship Visual Studio .NET without a profiler at all??? I just can't afford VTune.

Thermo
Konfucius...

Thanks a lot man. Your reply was amazingly fast, and i just found it. Yes, it was under Build..

Thank you! :)

PS: sorry about that .NET thing not having a profiler
Yeah I was quite aggrivated when I realized MS took the profiler out of VS .NET. AMD has one you can download for free. I have it but not tried it out yet. It looked like it was pretty good from a breif skim of the docs.

-SirKnight
Aaaaah thanks for reminding me! I eventually downloaded the thing, but forgot about it! [imwithstupid]

Thermo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement