Sign in to follow this  
DrGUI

[.net] No Managed DirectMusic or DirectShow

DrGUI    402
Boo hoo. I was expecting these in the Summer Update 2004. Not there! This means I cannot play my music I have made, and I cannot play MP3s either if I render the music to a file. Will I now have to wait until Longhorn 2006 and whatever the components of DirectX are being changed to?

bL0wF1sH    368
Andrew, you can just use COM interop. If you go to add references for a project, choose the references from the COM list and you should be able to use the stuff you need. However, to do this, you probably need to have an understanding of COM Interop (which would be a good thing to have anyways since COM Interop is a useful skill, especially considering how many good COM components that are out there that aren't Managed yet (and may never be mananged)).

DrGUI    402
Quote:
Original post by Mike29936
Look up "Audio and Video playback". Audio objects are DirectMusic, and Video is DirectShow.

Those can't do much at all, you can't exactly use filter graphs with Video can you?

Jason Olsen - I saw your blogs - cool.

DrGUI    402
Quote:
Original post by bL0wF1sH

And thanks to you for bringing my thread back up.
This forum still isn't visited that much. 5x as many people go and discuss unix and linux!

I haven't got 'round to trying it yet, but I don't think that Audio will play DirectMusic files.

I was trying COM interop out but when I went to the COM tab, I could not find DirectX! Just the VB 6 type libraries.