how do i make a game for free and what program do i use?

Started by
12 comments, last by Programmer16 19 years, 6 months ago
Can some one tell me where i can get a free game making program for 2d or 3d.Please!
Advertisement
You should give us more information about the type of game you want to make.

And you must understand that making a game is a hard task, time consuming, and prone to become a forgotten thing.

-----------------------Happiness in slavery !-----------------------
thank you for replying ,i want to make a rpg game with 2d or 3d graphics im a begginer can u give me a program that i not too hard. please reply.
Urinates on game makers
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Search on google for RPG Maker.
-----------------------Happiness in slavery !-----------------------
3d RPG's is a bit harder. There's a engine following the book Programming Role Playing Games 2nd Ed and the book teaches you what you need in DirectX9. But you need not know C++ ;)

Noncode, 2D RPGs is easier.
You can use either Macromedia Director. Just look at the great game Sacraments, it even won first prize in the RPGDX Cloris' Call competition.
Or RPG Maker like Sadness said. But it's hard to come by. Good luck =)
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
You will need a compiler:
Dev C++

If your game will be graphical, then you will need some method of creating art:
The gimp

You will also need all of the tutorials you can get your hands on:
Gamedev's articles section

And what I can't give you:
Patience
Perseverance
Caffein
smr, he doesn't need Dev C++ for a game making program =)
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
My bad ...
Seriema, you're right. However, the poster did ask for...
"free game making program".
dg59, I agree with the RPG Maker suggestion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement